Listen for Life (www.listenforlife.org) is a hybrid social venture organization. We are a global family of music listeners and music performers, working together to restore music as a unifying force for good worldwide. We focus our efforts on classical, world, traditional, native/ethnic, cross-cultural or acoustic instrument styles. We have thus far had projects, programs, productions or volunteers in 45 countries, and impacted the lives of 9 million people. Our projects are designed to use music in unique ways that will meet particular needs of each specific location or community. We are launching some projects in the LA area that will require on-the-ground volunteers or interns, and we are also looking for cyber-volunteers that can help our global projects online from anywhere.
We are going to be coming to Los Angeles this week to hold 3 days of interviews with any interested individuals age 18-98. You do not need to be a musician - just love music and believe in its power to effect positive change in your own life and in your own community.
SOME of the skills we need could include:
- Web designer
- social media gurus
- people-skilled persons to represent us in one-to-one meetings with city officials or in phone calls
- grant researcher(s)
- grant writers
- marketing - both locally and internationally
- audio recording interns
- audio/video editors
- digital graphics artists/interns
- cultural anthropology and/or ethnomusicology research students for our upcoming educational productions
- copy writers
- data entry volunteers
- admin assistants for specific projects or time periods
- performer liaisons
- event planners
- event producers
- video production assistants
- event production assistants
- CD duplicating, cover designers
- fundraising advisors/assistants
- social mavens to help liaise with potential individual donors
- financial oversight/CPA
- volunteer coordinator
We also welcome potential interested board (or advisory board) members to apply.
If you are retired or currently under-employed and would like to share your skills, knowledge, expertise and time - or learn a new skill while volunteering for a cause that helps many other causes all at once - then please contact us via email to send your resume and set up an interview slot for later this week - interviews will be conducted at a hotel near LAX airport. If you have friends who would like to be involved in something, but do not have email access, just phones, those friends can come along with you.
Donna Stoering [Founder and Artistic Director, Listen for Life]